A complete solution from one supplier
The eC-stencil-mate printer and eC-reflow-mate oven were launched in November 2010. Our customers had told us that they needed high quality reflow for their SMDs, but could not find acceptable equipment at a price suited to prototype and small-batch assembly. Since then the products have become well established in the marketplace with more than 850 units installed in Europe and the rest of the world.
Our company mission is to help PCB designers bring their projects to market on time and on budget. A complete, cost-effective in-house prototype PCB assembly solution cuts out the extra time and costs needed for assembly by external sub-contractors.
Over the last 12 – 18 months we have added new accessories and new equipment to make assembly faster, simpler and safer.
Faster, simpler and more reliable soldering.
- eC-reflow-pilot. The latest release has a new and more friendly user interface. A new analysis function allows you to record and check the performance of each zone of the soldering curve during or after a soldering operation. The additional monitoring helps you to get the best performance out of the eC-reflow-mate. In particular, it makes it faster and easier to set up the soldering profiles for new types of PCB.
- eC-reflow-mate PCB holder. Place several small PCBs in the eC-PCB-holder and reflow them in a single run.
Watch the video.
- eC-solder-paste: professional quality in 140 gr. tubs, minimising waste when reflowing small numbers of prototypes. Our latest “no-clean” formulation offers a 9 month shelf-life in the tub, 24 – 48 hours life on the stencil or PCB and an 8 hour tack-dry time. Feedback shows that the correct use of eC-solder-paste with our stainless steel stencils on eC-stencil-mate can more or less eliminate solder shorts. Customers report that this can save from 5 hours to 3 days depending on job complexity. Full specification.
- eC-stencil-wipes: highly absorbent lint-free, alcohol-free wipes developed in association with our solder technology partners for cleaning eC-solder-paste off stencils, the eC-stencil-mate, or from misprinted PCBs. eC-stencil-wipes are supplied in easy dispenser tubs. Users report that they extend the life of their stencils and give a much more reliable print when they re-use stencils for second and subsequent batches. Full specification.
Healthier reflow soldering.
Soldering fume are hazardous to health if inhaled. For users who do not have existing fume extraction we have developed two accessories for the eC-reflow-mate.
- eC-reflow-mate-hood. An add-on to our eC-reflow-mate oven V3, the eC-reflow-mate hood ducts away soldering fumes when the oven door opens after reflow. The hood simply clips onto the top of the oven with magnets. Use it with your own extraction system or with the eC-fumecube extraction system. Specification.
- eC-fumecube. We have selected a compact, high-specification, third-party fume extraction system to complement the eC-reflow-mate and hood. The eC-fumecube is quick and simple to install and quiet in operation.
- Compact, brushed stainless steel unit.
- High performance continuous run brushless motors.
- Automatic electronic flow control – maintains a constant extraction rate throughout filter life
- Adjustable air-flow
- VariColour filter blocked warning system
- Quick change pre-filters deliver longer filter life
- Submicronic (HEPA) filtration removes 99.997% of particles down to 0.3 microns
- Activated carbon filtration removes harmful gases
- Low capital and running costs
The eC-fumecube can also be used with an existing hand-soldering station by adding the eC-armkit.
Safer and more reliable hand-soldering.
- eC-pre-heater. Allows you to quickly boost up the temperature of your PCB to allow a smoother and easier hand soldering and de-soldering of critical components without damaging the components or the PCB.
- 4 x 400 IR heating blocks
- 3.5 inch touch display controller
- User-friendly programming with adjustable temperature profiles, color profiles etc.
- Adjustable heating surface (front only, back only or both)
- Magnetic board holder adjustable for height and board size
- Heating controlled by an internal sensor or by 2 external sensors on top and bottom of the board
- Slim-line ergonomic design with insulated casing