Cost Effective PCB’s
Introduction – Small Orders on a Quick Turnaround
At Eurocircuits we are 100% committed to the Prototypes and Small Series market of standard technology PCB’s.
The market of producing PCB’s is divided into 4 segments determined by two axes: technology and volume.
- On the technology axes we distinguish between Standard technology (tracks and spacing larger or equal 90 micron) and High Density Interconnection technology (tracks and spacing equal or smaller than 75 micron). The difference between those two domains lies in the level of extra investment HDI requires in areas such as registration, clean rooms, etching and plating for quality reasons, etc… This brings higher costs and thus it makes HDI factories economically non-viable for the production of Standard technology boards.
- On the volume axes we distinguish Prototype and Small Series as orders of 50 production panels or less and Volume as anything above this scope. To produce volume at an attractive cost, a high degree of automation is required in the production flow and a capacity loading as close to 100% as possible. For Prototypes and Small Series flexibility is required. This can only be achieved by people (instead of automation) and a flexible production capacity that you to react quickly. Thus a volume supplier has no flexibility to achieve a quick turnaround and a Prototypes and Small Series supplier has to higher costs making volume production more expensive.
This defines 4 types of Printed Circuit Boards factories:
- Standard Technology – Prototypes and Small Series – that is Eurocircuits
- Standard Technology – Volume
- High Density Interconnection Technology – Prototypes and Small Series
- High Density Interconnection Technology – Volume
By committing to the Prototypes and Small Series market of standard technology boards, we developed flexible and reactive manufacturing processes allowing us to react to your needs for quick turnaround orders.
Always on Time
Allowing free capacity also creates extra flexibility in planning and throughput in the factory. Our in-house smart and fully tractability production floor management system leads to a very high reliability, of on time shipments. Typically, of the 107.000 orders received in 2017 over 97% were shipped on time.
See all of our PCB Services here.
Back to Top