During TEC-Stockholm Eurocircuits showed how to achieve an ideal PCB Design flow by using its smart menus
Eurocircuits was a Main Sponsor at The Evertiq Conference 2014 in Stockholm, 13.5.2014. We exhibited and were at the conference as speaker.
First we would like to thank our customers who registered to the conference mentioning they were invited by us. Eurocircuits” customers were the largest group attending the event which lead to Eurocircuits winning the marketing cup, TEC Stockholm 2014.
Thanks to you all.
Helping our electronics design customers to define the best PCB layout flow possible and thus save time, avoid communication problems and achieve the best price and reliability for their PCB, is our goal. To achieve this goal, we have created smart menus and PCB visualization tools.
The Eurocircuits calculator is based upon the technology of our PCB Configurator software which is part of the PCB Visualization tools of our website. However this calculator can work without attaching data to it. You will have the complete service scope of Eurocircuits at your finger tips including all technical validation rules that apply when choosing different technical options for your board.
We therefore call it “smart menus”. They contain:
- Build-up wizard: more than 700 predefined build ups including blind and buried combinations can be chosen.
- Panel editor: contains full CAM editing functionality to define a professional customer panel
- Technical validation: around 300 rules are built into the smart menus helping you to choose only those combinations of options that are viable. All violation are explained and possible corrections advised. If none are clear or what you had in mind, calling operator assistance through “launch inquiry” is always possible.
- Classification wizard: our classification aide shows you the possible pattern and drill classes in function of the chosen base copper foils.
- Price guidance: on every option you choose, the smart menu informs you if there will be a slight cost increase or if the board is no longer poolable and the cost will be calculated based on production panels. All prices are always calculated including alternatives based upon other more favourable quantities and delivery terms. Also a full customer definable price matrix is possible.
After you have finished your PCB Layout based upon the PCB design parameters you defined using our smart menus , you can load your PCB data into the shopping basket of your account. Our PCB Visualizer software will start analysing your data and will come up with a reply some minutes later. Your board is now viewable. What can you discover?
- PCB Configurator: You can view the board based upon the chosen order details or the default details in case you choose analyse my data. Going through all order details, you can view all comments and possible violation. It also allows you to change the order details and bring them in accordance with the content of your data. Extra CAM functions are:
- Panel editor: making standard or complex customer panels interactively on screen.
- Marking editor: QR-code, UL-logo, text, date codes, etc… if and where you want them
- PCB Checker: shows the result of the design rule check (DRC) of your data against the order details of the basket item. You can consult all possible errors individually and evaluate. It also contains some DFM function like: plating index, solder paste surface, possible fiducial in a design, ….
Presentation “PCB design flow”
Our presentation takes a tour through all Eurocircuits” smart menus and PCB Visualization tools and how they can help you gain time, avoid misunderstandings and save costs by defining an ideal PCB design flow.
View the Presentation – click here
The presentation is best viewed when you open the speaker notes and view them on a second screen. This can be controlled from the option button in the bottom left corner.