Modern EDA-software like Eagle makes creating complex layouts a lot easier than it has been in the past. However there are still challenges one has to face when using state of the art technology. Especially hi-speed designs that make use of DDR2/3-RAM and fast serial interfaces like LVDS and hi-speed USB may pose a challenge. This workshops deals with the issues that arise when creating layouts for such hi-speed designs. One needs to consider suitable multilayer-stackups as well as controlled impedance and signal propagation delay. There are a lot of tools available to help with these issues, but most of these tools are quite expensive. In this workshop, Mr Benedikt Heinz will examine how to create sophisticated hi-speed layouts using Eagle and tools that are either open-source of free of charge.
Participation fee :
- EMV issues
- selection & placement of decoupling caps
- multilayer stackups
- transmission lines for PCBs (microstrip, stripline, coplanar waveguide, differential lines)
- selection of suitable transmission lines and geometry calculations
- simulation of transmission lines using LTspice
- termination options for transmission lines
- signal propagation and length matching
- routing of DDR(2/3) memory busses and differential serial busses
- verifying signal integrity in practice
- transmission line calculation
- transmission line simulation using LTspice
415€ (incl. VAT) This participation fee includes the necessary material, seminar documentation, lunch and a participation certificate.