Collection of your personal information
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. We collect your Personal Information like: username, IP address, timestamp, geographical data, operating system, web browser, pages visited, etc… while your perform one of these actions:
- registration of an account
- use of certain features of our products or services
- requesting service and support for our products or services
- placement of a transaction or order
- registration to attend a seminar
- participation in an online survey
- participation in discussion groups or forum
- collaboration efforts
- engage in an online chat with us
- send us an e-mail
- visit our website
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
Uses of your personal information
We will use your Personal Information to improve your customer convenience while using your personal Eurocircuits customer account. We will also use this information to inform you about improving your customer convenience and to inform you about our services. This information will also be part of bulk tracking of customer activities to improve our website tools and convenience in general. Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include:
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, website updates, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies about products and services that can add value to your Eurocircuits services and products.
- To provide support and assistance for our products and services.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide marketing or promotional activities on the Eurocircuits.com website. Personal Information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. Eurocircuits does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.
- To perform statistical analyses to improve our web tools.
- To meet contract obligations.
Accessing and updating your personal information.
We need your help in keeping the Personal Information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us
of any changes to your Personal Information.
Every 6 months we may invite you by e-mail to update your personal information should that be required.
If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online via the Eurocircuits Profile Management Tool.
You may also make these updates or request deactivation of your Eurocircuits account by sending an email to
Each e-mail newsletter includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
If you have a Eurocircuits customer account, you can also tailor our communication to your personal taste.
You may also unsubscribe from Eurocircuits’ various newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address
and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from to:
Eurocircuits N.V., Antwerpesesteenweg 66, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium.
Non-personal/anonymous information collection
In some instances, Eurocircuits may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share your Personal Information within Eurocircuits or any of our worldwide related companies for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for limited purpose of completing the requested service or transaction. We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
Security of your personal information
Eurocircuits is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. Please visit the Linksys website for more tips for using security features when connected
to the Internet using a router.
Like many websites, Eurocircuits uses technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, which allow us to make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
A cookie cannot read personal data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites; indeed, the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Accepting the cookies used on our website may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience and track user traffic patterns, and to merge this info when you register. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information. You may browse most of Eurocircuits’ website without accepting cookies from Eurocircuits; however, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Eurocircuits web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser. In addition, Eurocircuits uses web beacons in conjunction with cookies to understand user behavior. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering basic statistics and managing cookies, and do not give away any extra information from your computer. Turning off your browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website or via HTML-formatted emails, you can set your browser to warn you before it accepts cookies or refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser.
Eurocircuits will not retain your Personal Information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
If you participate in a Eurocircuits discussion forum or chat room or blog discussion, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Eurocircuits, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Eurocircuits
Eurocircuits does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Eurocircuits encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online
- Teach children never to give Personal Information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
Please visit the government official website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Transfer of personal information
We may transfer your Personal Information to any Eurocircuits related company worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing orders or data storage.
Questions or comments?
Eurocircuits may amend this privacy statement from time to time, and at any time. We will post a notice whenever this privacy statement is materially changed. Your continued use of the Eurocircuits website after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.